Two-step verification, also known as two-factor authentication (2FA), is an additional layer of security for your account. This works by requiring additional confirmation of your identity. This can be via SMS text message verification, or using mobile apps like Authy or Google Authenticator.
Two-step verification is automatically applied when completing a SEND, BUY, or SELL transaction. This provides greater assurances to the system that you, the account owner, is the one actually looking to conduct this transaction, and not someone impersonating you.
Note: Two-step verification is automatically applied on you Rain account.
If you are having issues with receiving SMS messages, you can use Authy or Google Authenticator as an alternative application.
To setup Google Authenticator:
- Log in to your Rain account.
- Go to settings. You will find a section for Second Factor Authentication.
- Enter the 2FA code received on SMS.
- Download Google Authenticator app. iPhone users. Android users.
- Scan the QR code, or if on mobile copy and paste the key, to link your account to Google Authenticator.
- Enter the code that is showing on your Google Authenticator app.
- You can now use use the 2FA code provided on the Google Authenticator app to conduct transactions on Rain.
To setup Authy:
- Download the Authy app.
- Use the same phone number you have used to sign up with Rain.
- You should be able to use the 2FA code provided on the Authy app to conduct transactions on Rain
If you face further issues or need some assistance, please let us know at email@example.com or via our live chat.
Rain is a cryptocurrency exchange in the Middle East. Buy, sell, and store bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, in a regulated, secure, and compliant way.