This article contains all the requirements and steps needed to open a personal account on Rain. Click here for information on opening an institutional account on Rain.
- Email address.
- Phone number capable of receiving SMS text messages.
- Two forms of a government issued identification. This can be a national identification card or passport or a driver's license.
- Proof of address. This can be a utility bill, a bank statement, a valid tenancy agreement or any government issued document outlining your full address. PO Box addresses are not accepted.
- Proof of wealth.
Note: users are required to be at least 21 years old to be eligible to open an account with Rain.
1. Visit Rain.bh
2. Click Open a Personal Account
3. Enter your details in all boxes. Click Create Account
4. Check your email for the confirmation email; you will be sent an email containing the link to confirm, click the link in the email.
5. Enter the phone verification details to receive the verification SMS text message.
6. Enter the code received in the SMS text. Click Submit.
7. Provide your proof of address. Click Send. P.O. Boxes are not supported.
8. Verify your identity. For more information click here.
9. Enter information regarding your occupation and funds.
10. Provide your proof of wealth.
It may take 24 hours to review your application. We will notify you via e-mail once approved. If your signup is still pending, please send an email to [email protected]
You can also sign up to Rain using our mobile apps.
For iPhone users, click the icon below:
For Android users, click the icon below:
Rain is a cryptocurrency platform in the Middle East, headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We are licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). Rain enables you to buy, sell, and store bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, in a regulated, secure, and compliant way.